Open Mic Fridays invites emerging artists to showcase their talent on our Twitch virtual stage! Selected artists will receive performance coaching in preparation for show day, access to industry professionals, who will not only provide real time feedback on their performance but answer questions on how to get a step up in the industry, as well as opportunities to receive free gear from leading industry companies. The show airs bi-weekly on Fridays live at 5pm PST/8pm EST. See Fall 2022 schedule here. Apply to perform here.
Open Mic Fridays Details
- All applications are reviewed by Music Forward
- All performers must be ages 13-24 to be eligible
- Select artists enter a queue for upcoming performance slots
- Prior to Open Mic activation, artists will meet with a Music Forward industry professional for performance coaching
- Day before event, artists attend a 60-minute soundcheck and rehearsal
- Day of event, artists are expected to arrive 45 minutes prior to start time
- Every artist performs one song during a 3-5 minute set, receives real time feedback from industry professionals, and gets to ask our industry professionals one of their burning questions
*All artists are provided access to artist development resources including Music Forward coaching and resources as well as the opportunity to attend artist development tailored workshops.
Open Mic Fridays Incentives
- All artists are provided digital assets to promote their performance and help foster the ability to activate their audiences to attend the show
- During each Open Mic, a poll is used to determine fan engagement numbers. The artist with the highest fan engagement from each show will receive a professional microphone usable for recording and live performance.
- At the end of each season, the artists with the highest overall fan engagement are invited to perform in our Fan Favorites showcase: the artist, from this showcase, that engages the most fans will receive a one-on-one session with a sound engineer, a pair of industry standard headphones, and an audio interface to help support artistic growth.
- After each Open Mic, industry professionals will select one artist as their “Industry Pick.” This artist will receive a professional microphone usable for recording and live performance.
- At the end of each season, the artists that were selected by our industry experts are invited to perform in our Industry Finals showcase: one artist will be selected from this showcase by the industry guests and will receive a one-on-one session with a sound engineer, a pair of industry standard headphones, and an audio interface to help support artistic growth.
- All artists that participate in Open Mic Fridays will be added to a roster for additional opportunities including:
- Inspired by Greatness
- Artist of the Month
- A month-long socials spotlight and performance opportunity
- The Music Forward Alumni Network
- Connecting alumni and industry professions to opportunities and guidance
- Outside Performance Opportunities
- Perform for our partner companies and events across the US
- And more!